Tuesday 13 January 2015

My Winter skincare essentials



These last few weeks have been so cold up in Aberdeenshire and my skin has really been suffering.  I hate that uncomfortable, stingy way my skin gets at this time of year when its so dry from going between a house/car with the heating whacked up, to out in the icy cold wind and snow.  There's been a few products in my daily routine that have really helped though, so no matter how much of a rush I'm in I'll make sure to use these few things.

1. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
I have used this for years and every time I've been lured away by a new product, I've always come back to this.  Its so gentle and completely fuss free, and the cosy muslin cloth to wipe away the day is so comforting.

2. Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Jelly
This is something new to me.  My sister gave me it and wow, I love it.  Its not like anything I've ever used before.  Its a clear gel consistency which you need a pea size amount of and it just disappears into your skin instantly, leaving no residue behind.  I've been using this in the morning and its a fantastic make-up base too.  Its supposed to lock moisture into your skin and so far its doing a great job.

3. Clarins Face Treatment Oil Lotus
When I was pregnant with Charlotte I went for a 'mum to be' facial at the Clarins Spa at Crieff Hydro and this was one of the products they used.  The smell is so relaxing and when I put this on before bed, my skin feels so soft in the morning.  Its not the cheapest product but you only need one drop of it each night.  I've only used two thirds of the bottle I bought last March!

4. Korres Jasmine Lip Butter
I'm a big fan of the Korres range.  It's all organic and doesn't contain any parabens,mineral oils, etc.  The lip butter is light but really moisturising and goes on without any stickiness.  The jasmine flavour, which is the one I have, also leaves a really subtle pale pink wash on the lips which brightens even the dullest winter complexion.  It lasts too, so need to keep applying and even with the icy cold winds of the North East of Scotland my lips have not been dry or cracked while using this.

5. Korres Almond Oil and Shea Butter hand cream
My hands at any time of the year can be really dry.  I think when you're a mum you wash your hand so many times a day, they don't really stand a chance.  Once the winter weather kicks in too, well that's when my hands this year have been unbelievably sore.  I hate thick, tacky hand creams though where you can't touch anything straight after applying it, which is why in the past I've been so bad at putting them on.  But this one from Korres disappears as soon as you rub it in.  No greasiness and it feels really nourishing - perfect.  I also really like the subtle almond scent it has.  A nice change to the usual floral scent of hand creams.

I'd love to know what winter skincare you swear by and if I'm missing out...



SHARE:

3 comments:

  1. The weather up here has been wreaking havoc on my hands too - they aren't a pretty sight at all! Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is such a classic, and for good reason too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cant beat oils for your face, have you tried m&s facial oils? Very similar and only around ten pounds Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, no I haven't, but will have to have a look next time I'm in M&S. Thanks x

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig